Miss Amazing puts girls with disabilities first
“Every girl at...Miss Amazing...receives a crown because every girl to an extent in her own way is Miss Amazing, just by participating in the event and really pushing her limits.”
• Read about Samantha Cohen, our 2018 Preteen Representative! Read article
• Watch Miss Amazing Founder and Executive Director, Jordan Somer, talk about her journey with Miss Amazing in her newly released TED talk. Watch video
• Refinery29 wrote about photographer Michelle Groskopf's experience photographing the 2017 National Miss Amazing. "It really puts life in perspective," she tells Refinery29. "There are young women there battling health issues with grace and positivity. You can’t leave without having all of your assumptions about disability completely turned around." Read article
• See a short recap of the 2017 National event, featuring our very own Grace Zinck! Listen to what Miss Amazing has meant to many of the participants and their families, as well as the volunteers. Watch video
• Read about our Massachusetts Miss Amazing 2017 event, as featured on WROR 105.7. See Lucy Falcone, one of our 2017 participants, sing her heart out! Read article
• Watch a recap of our 2016 event and see a bit about the day. Watch video
• See Miss Amazing being featured on CBS's Chicken Soup for the Souls, Hidden Heroes series. Listen to Jordan Somer talk about Miss Amazing and see our very own Sophia Hogan being featured! Watch video
• Massachusetts Miss Amazing awarded the New England Patriots Charitable Foundation's 2015 Myra Kraft Community MVP Award: “Having Andrea Nevins receive an award in her memory is a huge honor. Through her hard work with the Massachusetts chapter of Miss Amazing, Andrea exemplifies the qualities of leadership and charity, donating countless hours to improve the life of others despite her young age.” Read article
• "Miss Amazing is an experience that inspires all people to empower themselves and each other. By encouraging participants to dream big and reach their full potential, Miss Amazing celebrations prove that the world is a much better place when the talents and ambitions of all people are celebrated and valued." Read more.
• "To see how much happiness it brings her, to see her meeting all these new friends, just to see that smile on her face, it just melts my heart" Read article
• Watch as Jordan Somer gets a fantastic surprise from a few Miss Amazing participants and their families on the Meredith Vieira Show. Watch the video.
• Hear Jordan being interviewed by Hoda and Kathy Lee on Today: "What keeps me going, what keeps me inspired, the girls who just completely transform, or have that nice moment to realize their abilities instead of their disabilities." Watch the video.
Are you interested in featuring Miss Amazing in your publication, television show, or documentary?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for press inquiries.